Loading…

The Israeli occupation army confirmed on Wednesday morning the deaths of two officers from the Givati Brigade and the serious injury of seven others.

This occurred following the bombing of a besieged house in the Al-Zaytoun neighborhood in the northern Gaza Strip.

The occupation army allowed the publication of the names of the two officers from the Givati Battalion: Major Shahar Yiftah (25 years old) from Moshav Paran, a company commander, and Captain Itay Seif (24 years old) from Roham, a platoon commander.

Givati officers
According to Israeli media reports, the soldiers were trapped inside a booby-trapped house, which later exploded, killing the two officers and seriously wounding seven other soldiers.

“The two officers who were killed were a company commander in a battalion affiliated with the Givati Brigade and a platoon commander in the same battalion,” it said in a statement.

Israeli media reports indicated that the brigade ambushed in the Al-Zaytoun neighborhood, which suffered an explosive device explosion, is the same unit previously targeted by an anti-tank missile at the Gaza war's onset, resulting in the death of 11 soldiers inside the Namer armoured personnel carrier.

The Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of the Islamic Jihad movement, announced that they managed to cause casualties among the Zionist forces in a precise ambush inside a booby-trapped building.

This operation was conducted using an F16 missile launched by the enemy towards the homes of civilians, which did not explode.

The engineers then worked to activate it, and it was detonated by force in the vicinity of Dawla Junction, south of the Al-Zaytoun neighborhood in Gaza City.

“In a meticulously planned operation, we ensnared an occupation army unit between casualties in a strategically placed ambush inside a building rigged with an F16 missile.

This missile, launched by the occupation forces towards civilian homes, failed to detonate.

Our engineers successfully activated and detonated it near the State Junction, south of the Zaytoun neighborhood in Gaza City,” Al-Quds brigades said in the statement.

A commander in the Palestinian resistance in the Al-Zaytoun neighborhood confirmed in an interview with Al-Mayadeen channel on Wednesday morning that the Zionist occupation army suffered heavy losses in the battles that took place inside the Al-Zaytoun neighborhood in Gaza City on Tuesday.

He pointed out that helicopters landed three times to transport the dead and wounded, stating, “The Dawla Junction and Al-Sikka Street have become a graveyard for Merkava tanks, and confusion dominates the movements of the occupation soldiers.” In a similar development, the Al-Qassam Brigades targeted a Zionist infantry force barricaded inside a building with an anti-personnel missile, eliminating its members in the Abasan Al-Kabira area, east of the city of Khan Yunis, in the southern Gaza Strip.

With the Zionist army’s acknowledgment of the killing of the two officers and the wounding of seven others, the death toll in the Gaza Strip, whose names were allowed to be published since the start of the ground operation on October 27, rose to 242 dead, while the toll of the wounded reached 2,981, including 465 soldiers in serious conditions.

The Palestinian resistance continues to confront Zionist aggression on the Gaza Strip for the 145th consecutive day, despite ongoing American support for Israeli actions.

Western countries and some Arab regimes are complicit, and many who claim to champion human rights remain silent, despite the bloodshed and massacres in Gaza.

Original Article Source: Al Manar | Published on Wednesday, 28 February 2024 10:28 (about 56 days ago)